Wednesday, November 17, 2010

november. rain blurred windows and edgar refusing to leave the porch. with our canopy gone, it makes the walk between houses during the rain, even rainier. edgar likes to use the canopy to do his business without getting wet during summer rains and i just love the luxury of it. but now, the leaves are gone and we are open to the sky. bare branches. no coverage. the branches are beautiful. wet bark gray silhouettes against the sky.

i sewed all day. surrounded with colorful fabrics, quilts and napkins and aprons. meagan gave me steamed milk for my tea at lunch. and of course, i watched the waltons. more of the same tomorrow. i love the routine of sewing that has happened the past few weeks. it is my grandmother's 105th birthday today. always a day i notice and remember. i think of her so often, and when i sew it seems she's with me. i miss her alot and feel so fortunate to have spent so much time with her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you're sewing and I'm not.........I was just talking to my son and telling him that my sewing room is my "dessert" and the rest of the house is the "meal". I must catch up with cleaning and seasonal projects before I can enjoy my "dessert". Hopefully I'll get back to some sewing/quilting in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I enjoy knowing that someone, like yourself, is enjoying their "dessert".
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, lisa......i've been living on 'dessert' lately. our house is left to fend for itself when i'm on a roll.

    ReplyDelete