Saturday, July 14, 2012

the heat is strong, even at 6 am. the pace is slow. and heavy. edgar doesn't move much. yesterday afternoon we drove to the cottage because we had a couple of hours and we wanted to have a little adventure and visit with family. the cottage is crowded with siblings and their babies. it's wonderful. tom had a swim. and we played with the babies. we came home after a few hours, feeling great!
today i'm making myself skirts from linen because it's so easy to wear. i made one the other day and now i want more. they are so breathable and fresh.
and i'm falling hard for my quilts again. falling in love big time. i think of little else. i'm posing them for photos in my mind. and planning new little families of them.
my house will stay untidy for another day or two.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are wisely enjoying summer and enjoying what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your day sounds wonderful, I making linen skirts too! I wish you had posted photos of them,!!!Quit love is contagious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my skirts aren't much to look at, laurie. b ut i love them. they are basically big rectaangles with ties. i wrap them like a sarong.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilts! Your skirts sound wonderful. I love the feel of linen and how cool and comfortable it is to wear. You can almost feel it breathe.

    ReplyDelete