Wednesday, July 4, 2012

this morning i started out annoyed. i woke up a little too early. that might have been the first problem. but the kitchen was messy and the sink was covered with dishes that should have been in the dishwasher. and the other rooms were untidy too. and.....there was no toilet paper in the house. i'd asked tom to get some yesterday before i left for work. and he'd forgotten. so, i stomped around feeling quite put out as i left for the 24 hour grocery store at 6 am. but instead of being angry, i had a delightful little outing. what a beautiful time of day to be out and about. 6 am in early july..... it doesn't get much better. i stopped and got a coffee and muffin. there was a mist in the air. the temperature was soft. there was stillness, even in the grocery store. a deep and soothing quiet. people aren't warmed up for the day yet.
i can never stay pissed off long, because life is just too beautiful!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning beautiful ;). Good turnaround - you are something!
    Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I know those moments. And the transition. Glad you found the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things often resolve themselves for the better in unexpected ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love early mornings but don't experience them often, not being a morning person at all... I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just hate waking up to a sink full of dishes. Years ago, before I had a dishwasher, I would always wash up any dishes left at night so that I wouldn't have to wake up and look at the mess. But nothing could be worse than waking up to no toilet paper...what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean! These hours before everybody is up and about are magic. I usually sit on the balcony, sipping my coffee, listening to the birds and looking at the soft colors of the sky and wondering what the day may bring... hours that belong to me only and a time where I am inside myself... Lovely post - thank you! Christa PS. Here in Switzerland we have no shops that are open for 24 hours. They open in the morning at 7.30 and close at 7.30 in the evening...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found the beauty. I love your photo!

    ReplyDelete