Thursday, August 9, 2012

the wind is churning outside. stirring up all the night sounds. animals and rustling. branches and garbage cans. i have been asleep three times and woken by edgar three times as he defends us from the night sounds. my mind is all stirred up as well. it matches the unsettled night. all day i've been hearing from high school friends. and college friends too. our friend is dying. in hospice. i think he's in that last deep sleep that i saw with my grandparents. but he is just 45. the cruel effects of a brain tumour. there has been a sobering cloud on our day, thinking of his family, his wife, his young children, his parents. deep sorrow creeping along with me as i wonder if he's still alive. i wish peace for him.

9 comments:

  1. Sending you, him, the night... White soft gentle vibrations. I hope tomorrow brings peace.
    Xox
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, that is so difficult, for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about this Annette. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't expect the words you wrote today and now I am crying. I'm glad he has so many friends out there who care. I am hoping he will make it to his birthday but that is six days and now it seems so far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sorry lisa.....i wrote this in the night. and when i got up this morning, i worried about you reading it.
      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
    2. No, I am glad you wrote it. I am happy that he has people who care about him. I counted his birthday wrong. Somehow I thought we were in September. I love your post.

      Delete
  5. Annette,

    I'm so sorry about your friend...so young to have this happen to him. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time. A husband and father, a son and uncle, a friend and co-worker. Dying is difficult for the person going through the process but even worse for the ones he leaves behind. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you everyone.....this is someone i knew in high school and college. i'm stunned and so saddened by this. but it's lisa's first cousin....she grew up with him.....they were born just a few weeks apart. i feel like she is the one who needs support
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. sad and painful. hard to grasp. my dear friend died of a braintumor a few years ago. still have not been able to accept it.

    i am making quilts too and i am so very impressed by yours! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete