Tuesday, August 7, 2012

these boots stand on the porch beside the bbq. they stand like they are ready for work. for someone to slip into them and the serious work will begin. tom bought them a year ago to take camping. in case of rain. but i don't think there was rain. and i don't think he's worn them since. but they have made a home on the porch. by the kitchen door. i love them. they bring the farm i play with in my mind one step closer. the boots to step into to go feed the chickens. or muck the stables. or milk the goats. or bring in the eggs. they are the same boots my dad had. and my grandfather. boots with purpose. these are happy and hard working boots.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe one day your dream will come true
    It all sounds wonderful..but it sure is hard work.
    I love wellingtons.. i wrote a post about them a year back..
    Yours are real strong men's boots.. they will serve you well on the "farm"
    We must dream..for without a dream we have nothing..
    lovely post
    happy week
    val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going to look up your wellington post.
      as far as a farm.... i can't do all the hard work. i think of all the stories my grandfather would tell.....but i couldn't do it on my own. but dreaming is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. they say if we dream it we can make it come true, I wish this for you! Visualization has much power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if i have the stamina for a farm of my own. but i love to dream about the life.

      Delete
  3. I'd say that these fit right in with your description of having a farm. We grew up in the country. We did have a horse and a pony but not chickens, goats, cows etc. My dad said we could barely keep up with feeding the horse and pony let alone adding chickens and other farm animals. HA He was probably right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i grew up on a large property, but i only had horses for one winter....i kept two horses for the camp that our church owned. it was a wonderful winter.

      Delete
  4. I love them. They speak of possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is something about empty boots that holds endless possibilities....you are so right.

      Delete
  5. The remind me of the boots I wear to tend my garden. They were my oldest son's fishing boots when he was 11. He's 41 now & not in good health. They're Special Boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 year old boots have so many memories. you must feel so close to your son when you wear them. i hope his health improves.

      Delete