Sunday, August 5, 2012

this is where i've been sitting. watching the day start. with a raucous wind circling. i think a fierce storm is on it's way. but the porch swing keeps me protected and i can still feel involved. i was going to paint the swing this year. but i love it so much just as it is, the idea of changing it doesn't sit well. however, after 12 summers, maybe this will be the year. the sooner i do it, the sooner it will be worn in and feel like it's always been painted. the porch swing defines our summers. it's always there, waiting to share the day with us. to take a few minutes and do nothing. this summer, porch swing time has been rare. tom has been working more than usual. and i have goals to meet in the studio. but until the days get cold, i'm going to remember to take a bit of everyday and share it with the porch swing......and maybe paint it.

8 comments:

  1. Or maybe don't paint it and just enjoy more time on it. Sometimes our tasks take us away from what is really important. The swing looks so welcoming and cozy covered in quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of your swing often. I love the pictures of the boys on it. They are so at peace. I hope you get time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch swing, in its current form, is a mother's embrace. It takes me back to the days when my youngest son (our only cuddly child) sat curled up with me on the broken down wicker settee on our covered porch. He's long gone from home and on his own halfway across the country now, but I can't bring myself to replace that decrepit piece of outdoor furniture. Too sentimental, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a perfect place to sit my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect summer place for dreaming and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks beautiful. I can totally see myself having coffee there in the morning. and read... and write...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect place to just sit and relax. I see myself lounging there all day long. You won't be able to make me leave it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely photograph - I wish I had a place just like this to sit and dream.

    ReplyDelete