Monday, October 17, 2011

today was a turning point. i have been developing my quilts for 7 or 8 years. beginning with flannel baby quilts. and gradually adding larger sizes and eliminating flannel. finding a name and a brand for my little workshop. creating an etsy shop. building a fulltime studio and a little shop. selling wholesale. but this afternoon i felt like the quilt i took from the dryer was the culmination of what i've been working towards all these years. i don't have a photo. but the little scrappy squares with the 1 inch tunnel quilting, puckering to perfection and draping with the perfect weight and softness. my insides were boiling with happiness and excitement and a dash of pride.
i'll show you photos tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it. I would love to have a flannel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flannel stretches and balls and i discovered it doesn't wear as well. although they are nice as baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait. I only ever made one quilt myself and am still proud as a button :) I wish I had the space to set up a little quilting area. one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad. Maybe as a throw? I love flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it! So glad you are happy. I am happy when I am wrapped up in your quilt. I feel rich and warm and like the day is wonderful and special. I am so glad I have it in time for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful transition through the years.
    Can't wait to see the photos. I love how quilts pucker.

    ReplyDelete