Wednesday, June 6, 2012

i uploaded this photo of one of my little oil sketches because i had great plans to write of my love of architecture this morning. but that was an hour or more ago. before i got to it, sheila called to say she was at the birdsnest if i wanted to run over and meet her. (the birdsnest is the house they own next to the studio. it's a cute little rental property). so i left the photo uploading and ran over to chat with her and look at the renos they are doing. while i was there i saw another neighbor walking past with her dog, nugget. last night as i was driving home from the book store she was walking nugget, who suddenly dashed in front of my car. i slammed so hard on the brakes, the whole car shook. and i narrowly missed hitting her. we were both pretty shaken up. so this morning, i ran out to see if she was ok, and she was carrying a little bag of gifts with a card for me that she was bringing by. so sweet and thoughtful.
sheila and i chatted a bit more and i came home......to find edgar in a bit of a state on the porch. he got up when he saw me and started to poo.....on the porch. so i got buckets of hot soapy water and a stiff broom to wash down the porch.
are you getting the picture???? the dishwasher needs to be loaded. there are clothes to put on the line. i haven't had my bath yet. i have to get at the worst of the weeds in the front garden. and there is more work in the studio.
so leisurely writing about my love of architecture will have to happen another day.

2 comments:

  1. Annette,

    I love you're painting, it is so beautiful! It certainly sounds like you have already had a very exciting morning! I really admire how you tackle all the "balls up in the air".

    I can only imagine how frightened you must have been at the thought of hitting your friends dog. I'm so glad you were able to stop in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my 'life is what happens while you were making other plans' but your oil sketch looks good, the mystery of old buildings,i like it, x

    ReplyDelete