Tuesday, August 23, 2011



the sky was blue like forget-me-nots today. the air was clear and hot. and we wandered and dug and hunted and unearthed for hours at rideau antiques. summer can't end unless my mother and my aunt and i have an afternoon there together. my aunt comes from maryland and we get lost in the piles. no matter what string of superlatives i use as descriptors, i will be understating the sheer magnitude of this spot. i came away with the happy little collection of treasure in the photos above. my chairs and the bottle give me a little spasm of happiness when i look at them. my daddy saw how i couldn't pull myself away from the chairs and decided to buy them for me as an early birthday gift. and i will make beautiful tables with the little doors. when we got back to the cottage, we found tom in the lake and edgar lounging on his bed. we had hotdogs and corn on the cob and lemonade. it was a great day. there are photos from our excursion on foblographie.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing spot. The blue bottle looks so pretty with the sea glass, and I love that style of chair--fun to look at and very comfortable. I hope you will show us the tables after you make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, jen, i will. i left the legs at the cottage to sand and seal while we're there. my dad is helping with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by at my blog. You are so lucky to have found those chairs - they are adorable and would look perfect at the front of our house. Will have to look for something similar on ebay. Would love to see the tables once they are made. xx

    ReplyDelete